Thursday, October 29, 2015

LETTING THE UNIVERSE FIND ME A PUPPY - JULY 2015


Isn't it curious how one is "led" to the right thing?

JULY 2015 - Right after WILLOW died, I was distraught, lonely and the house was TOO QUIET. A psychic friend told me a female puppy from PENNSYLVANIA would find me before AUGUST.

I was thinking I would instead, wait until SEPTEMBER when I return from my family trip to France - save money on dog sitting, etc. So I had in my mind that I should look for a dog pregnant NOW so that in 2 months the PUPPY would be ready to come home with me.  

Here is what was been presented to me once I put the word out that I was looking for a puppy........
  • A 1.5 yr old Shepherd was returned to WILLOW'S breeder. I've felt a concern about why she was returned AND why she hasn't been placed yet after several months there.  REALLY pretty dog, but she comes with "risks".
  • Found a breeder in MARYLAND and puppies were born that week. Pick up would be September. PERFECT.
  • Found a rescue SHEPHERD MIX coming from the South due to arrive in PA JULY 25th. I had an appt. to meet her. Not sure what she'd grow up to look like nor how big, nor if bloodline has a sweet temperament.  A risk.
  • Found a litter born 2 weeks prior, but I didn't fall in love with the look of the mother when she sent me photos (yes, I'm PICKY, PICKY, PICKY!!)
  • A friend had suggested I check at BRAXTON'S (a reputable, local pet food store) for puppies they might know about. By "coincidence" (?), a few days later, I drove by there, stopped in and asked - they gave me a list of good local breeders (PA, NJ, DE, MD). I emailed one who is nearby with the story of losing WILLOW and asked if she had any puppies. No, she didn't, but suggested I call her good friend, who did. I found her friend on FACEBOOK (gotta LOVE FACEBOOK!!!) and sent her a private message. She messaged me back and said she would call me the next day. When we spoke she said that she had the PERFECT 12-week-old female puppy for me (based on my description). The one she had in mind was the same puppy that caught my eye in her FB video of the litter - Lime Green collar - female. And I LOVE the look of the father AND the mother!! The AKC puppies are all show quality and the father is a Champion.  WILLOW'S breeder is "coincidentally" (?) related to this breeder.  She's in PA

As predicted this PENNSYLVANIA PUPPY found ME - before August. I named her CLOVER.










She sure is adorable.  I mean LOOK AT THAT FACE!!!  But she's been in "THE TERRIBLE TWO STAGE" since August. She doesn't hear me when I say "NO!".

I have to say, it was a LOT easier to train a puppy when I had an older dog who would do most of the work AND keep the puppy entertained. Thank goodness for her crate or I would get NOTHING accomplished!

More photos to come!!


JOAN



6 comments:

  1. Joan, I love this story about how you got Clover. I absolutely adore her and her ears. She is just precious. Maybe you need another puppy to keep her entertained; then you''d have two going through the terrible twos puppy stages. Just kidding. I have to bring up Derry so they can play, And we still have to get together for breakfast/brunch and/or lunch or dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby. At this age, she WAS precious. NOW she is naughty!!! No more puppies. Please bring Derry over. And let's eat!

      Delete
  2. Hi Joan, so sorry to hear that Willow passed away. I have had a very busy summer. Travel to Seattle, Alaska & Vancouver. Ireland (my mom passed away a day before I was to visit her). Then Asheville NC & Edisto Beach, SC! If you need a personal trainer for Clover, I know a great one for Henry. At first, he took him away from 8 in the morning and returned him at 6 that night, 3xweek. He even takes him when we are away on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this from Linda? Very sorry to hear about your Mom. The timing was so off for you.......
      Am happy to hear that you are traveling a lot. Let me think about "Henry". Thank you for the suggestion.
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Loved the pictures and the story. Looks like she is going to be a beautiful adlt and a great company. But who is training who?Knowing how gentle you are, I am sure that she will eventually learn who is in control. If you thing the "terrible twos " are bad, just wait for the "terrific threes" hit!!! Maybe your psychic friend can suggest a puppy whisper (no disrespect intended, Have ESP friends myself) for you to consult with or a trainer that can form your FB followers as well. If I don't"talk "with you again soon, have a great November and a fantabulour\s Thanksgiving.
    Donna.
    I am also sure that you are getting lots of suggestions about behavior

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna. First off, which "Donna" is this??? I can't tell because it's from "Anonymous". In any case, thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my Blog post. I love this little girl but some days it's easier to love her than others....... yes, she's training me of course. Every day is a new day with a new antic. Today she's having a good day, therefore I am too. : )

      Delete