Monday, February 20, 2017

"60 THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN MY 60'S" - 2017 GOALS

You can look back to my Blog post on March 9, 2016, where I wrote about my "LIST" - "60 THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN MY 60'S". If you remember, I was arguing with myself about turning age 60 and HAD to make a POSITIVE out of it - thus my "WISH LIST".

I turned 65 last week and I'm a bit behind schedule!!  

Last year I accomplished 3 on the list, which brought me up to 21 -
  1. Visit PROVENCE, FRANCE when LAVENDER is in full bloom
  2. Visit CUCURON, FRANCE in PROVENCE
  3. Eat a TRIPLE-DECKER ICE CREAM CONE
Ok, so here is my focus for this year:
  1. Visit SAVANNAH, GA
  2. Visit the WOLF SANCTUARY in LITITZ, PA
  3. Take my nephew and his wife on a trip - their choice of destination
  4. Visit the HOLOCAUST MUSEUM in WASHINGTON, DC
  5. Tour ALEXANDRIA, VA
  6. Tour GETTYSBURG, PA
  7. Attend the TEXAS CRAB FESTIVAL in CRYSTAL BEACH, TX
I've already accomplished #1 and #2. 
#3 is planned for MAY. 
#4 and #5 are in the works - to be scheduled after my hip and knee replacements this year - hopefully for this Fall. 
#6 has been "almost accomplished" several years in a row now.
I have to check the date for #7 and plan a visit to my friend LISA'S home in TEXAS!!

Oh darn it, I just checked the date for the CRAB FESTIVAL...... it's MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND in MAY, so I'm going to have to wait until next year.  I can't be gone from CLOVER!!! for THAT many days in MAY!

STAY TUNED...........

JOAN



4 comments:

  1. I love Gettysburg! Antietam isn't that far away. Lovely and emotional places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weren't we hoping to visit Antietam with our Northern VA wine tasting trip Marjie?

      Delete
  2. Also hoping to get back to Gettysburg. I have English Setter friends, one of which is ranger/guide there. Must make time this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea especially because you have some added attractions there! Go LIBBY!

      Delete