Thursday, April 28, 2016

GIVING and RECEIVING COEXIST

I've been reading a book by DALAI LAMA XIV and it's REALLY, REALLY DEEP (should make for a very rich and interesting Book Club discussion). Quite honestly, a lot of it is almost impossible for me to understand and I'm challenged to really think through some of his concepts about Buddhism, Quantum Physics, Spirituality etc. Naturally it has me stretching my brain and thinking more deeply about "things" these days. 

Ok, maybe this concept is common knowledge, but I became mesmerized today thinking about how GIVING and RECEIVING COEXIST.  

If you are GIVING, someone is RECEIVING.  
If you are RECEIVING, someone is GIVING.
If someone GIVES to you, you RECEIVE. If you then GIVE it to someone else, he/she RECEIVES it. This can be a never-ending chain of positive events actually.

RIGHT?

Think about it........

You GIVE a HUG - he/she RECEIVES a HUG.
You GIVE a KISS - he/she RECEIVES a KISS.
You GIVE a DOLLAR - he/she RECEIVES a DOLLAR.
You GIVE a MASSAGE - he/she RECEIVES a MASSAGE.
You GIVE ADVICE - he/she RECEIVES ADVICE.
You GIVE a HELPING HAND - he/she RECEIVES a HELPING HAND.
You GIVE EMPATHY  - he/she RECEIVES EMPATHY.
And on and on..........

As you RECEIVE, someone is GIVING.  I like to think of this in terms of POSITIVE actions of course, but I'm really liking that this is a COEXISTING REALITY

It's a beautiful thing, really.


JOAN




2 comments:

  1. Love this reminder! I often find that the things that deeply resonate with me are deep, but at the same time, so simple too and in so many cases, free to all? Spreading the love, virtual hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple yes, deep yes, free yes. How great is that?!! Thanks for checking in...... virtual hugs back atcha!

      Delete