Sunday, November 24, 2019

INSPIRED TO SHARE A "RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS"

A few days ago I wrote about RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS - my personal EXPERIENCES and STRONG BELIEF that the UNIVERSE is ABUNDANT with GOODNESS.

A very good friend of mine, LISA told me that MY BLOG POST had INSPIRED HER TO PARTICIPATE.  She said she's not sure she would have "acted in the same way" had she not just read my BLOG and it was still on her mind.  YES!!

LISA was standing in line to pay at the grocery store. An older woman in front of her was having a difficult time in many ways. She was searching in her purse for an extra $10 to pay her bill. As a result of pulling things out of her purse, receipts and little scraps of paper were falling on the floor and each time she had to stoop to pick them up. Her items were toppling and she was getting quite frazzled and distraught. The people in line were being patient and the store clerk was also VERY PATIENT and KIND.

LISA said, "The next thing I knew, I reached into my wallet, pulled out a $10 BILL and handed it to the clerk. Seeing that this poor woman was OUT OF SORTS and needing some help, I really didn't think about it, I just reacted." 

She said that it was TRULY A NATURAL REACTION, however, she's not sure she would have done it so quickly, had she not just read my BLOG. Naturally, she did it because "IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO" - but it WAS a GENEROUS ACT OF KINDNESS. She felt good about it afterward (a GIFT to herself, right?) and I'm sure the woman (and also the people in line behind her) were appreciative and relieved.

My heart is SO FULL, knowing that what I was INSPIRED TO WRITE had a POSITIVE IMPACT on the UNIVERSE, even if in the smallest way. 

KINDNESS - it IS so NATURAL. I hope we ALL feel more and more inclined to SHARE KINDNESS wherever we go, whenever we can - it's contagious, you know? And don't forget that "THE GOOD YOU DO COMES BACK TO YOU".

THANK YOU LISA for PARTICIPATING and also for sharing YOUR experience with me (a GIFT to me)!


JOAN



2 comments:

  1. I know a couple of years ago, I paid it forward and also did so more recently. Just every once in a while, it happens.

    ReplyDelete