Sunday, April 26, 2020

QUARANTINE UPDATE


CLOVER!!! and I have been QUARANTINED for weeks and weeks now........


On MARCH 22, at the beginning of our QUARANTINE, I decided to set some small goals.  That was FIVE weeks ago, plenty of time to almost completely REDO my house, right?? 




I went back to my MARCH 22nd post and here are the goals I set:
  • Under-sink cabinets in the bathroom (2) - CHECK!
  • Medication cabinet in the kitchen - CHECK!
  • Catch-all cabinet in the kitchen - CHECK!
  • Kitchen desk drawer papers - CHECK!
  • Plant indoor herb garden - TODAY PERHAPS??
  • Filing on the studio cabinet - NEXT.......
  • Garage cabinets/drawers - WAITING FOR WARMER WEATHER

Looks like I'm accomplishing ONE SMALL TASK/WEEK.  Not bad for a person in RETIREMENT...... Hahahaha

Oh, one more thing that I accomplished that wasn't on my LIST -

Years ago, I RE-UPHOLSTERED my big, comfy chair - just to see if I could do it. It was a really fun and satisfying project. BUT, the fabric no longer goes with my decor (nor does the original fabric), so I decided to strip it all off and will soon send it out to be professionally re-upholstered with fresh, new fabric that will go with my upcoming NEW WALL COLOR.






Don't get the wrong idea - I'm not being a total slug...... I READ every day (my book and articles on the Internet or that are sent to me), TALK to FAMILY/FRIENDS, ZOOM a BOOK CLUB every week, and ZOOM with family/friends to keep in touch and feel like we are SOCIALIZING







CLOVER!!! lets me know if I've been reading for too long.......




And each evening, I pour a glass of wine and watch some news and entertaining TV shows. 

I'm now up-to-date with HOMELAND, OUTLANDER and SISTER WIVES (I know I know......) and am looking forward to the new season of BILLIONS, THE BACHELOR, THE BACHELORETTE, COUNTING ON (the Duggar Family), BIG BROTHER and OUTDAUGHTERED (The Busbys and their quintuplet girls). I do like these REALITY TV shows! 

Oh, and I watched the TIGER KING series (WEIRD PEOPLE) and am ready to start OZARK.




And on Friday I went grocery shopping for the first time - with MASK and GLOVES. It was supposed to be a PICK-UP from INSTACART, but while I was sitting in the parking lot at the appointed time, they CANCELLED!!  HMPH!  

So, in I go, filled with ANXIETY about facing "THE BIG BAD WOLF" - CORONA. Yes, I've been afraid of the VIRUS.......

It wasn't awful.  People DISTANCED and most followed the arrows up and down the aisles. The shelves were being restocked, but there were certain items not to be found (FLOUR, RICE, HAND SANITIZER, and WIPES of course). I came home feeling a bit DIRTY with GERMS/VIRUS/BACTERIA - you name it. 

But, I have to say that I'm happy to have gotten my INITIAL OUTING out of the way. FACING YOUR FEARS really does work!

What have YOU been up to??


JOAN













No comments:

Post a Comment