Sunday, October 11, 2015

CINNAMON TOAST - YUM!!

I recently ate "CINNAMON TOAST" for breakfast. Buttered toast with cinnamon-sugar on it. We had this regularly growing up. Cinnamon is good for you, but I'm not so sure I'm doing much for myself with the sugar and white bread......... But hey, it brings back fond, homey, loving memories and that's a great way to start any day, right?!!

I posted this on Facebook and received a lot of responses from friends who grew up on the East Coast, which made me wonder if it was just an East Coast treat.  So I followed up with a question about whether anyone from other areas of the country grew up with this tasty treat.  YES!  California, Texas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Wisconsin and the Northwest pretty much covers it, so I guess it's a favorite everywhere (at least in America).

My mom (a Depression baby) used to eat plain sugar and butter sandwiches for lunch when she was a young girl. I was in Kindergarten when she told me this and it fascinated me..........

JOAN 



2 comments:

  1. I remember cinnamon toast and loved it...I also remember our parents telling us about their sugar bread, it was a real treat for them....thanks for bringing back memories that I can relive.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth!! Did you grow up on the East Coast? When is the last time you indulged in some cinnamon toast? It's such a yummy treat. I appreciate you sharing that your parents also ate sugar bread. Great memories for both of us. xo

      Delete