Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A WILLOW MEMORY

One of WILLOW'S cute "LITTLE HABITS" when she was a puppy (not yet a year old)..........  

I kept my paper recycling in a paper bag in the laundry room.  WILLOW would gently pull one piece of paper or an envelope from the bag, then she'd SLOWLY SAUNTER across the room with that single piece of paper in her mouth, lie down on the carpet and SLOWLY tear it into a few pieces - GENTLY and DILIGENTLY. She never disturbed any papers on the counter or anywhere else - she KNEW she could take only from that one bag. 

She'd go back for another and sometimes another........  

One night I watched her work on 6 separate pieces, one after another, leaving a small pile of shredded paper on the floor while she'd walk back for another. I'd shake my head. 

Too funny. 

Too smart. 

I really LOVED that precious, little, darling WILLOW!!  And I miss her so.............

JOAN



No comments:

Post a Comment