Thursday, July 6, 2017

TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE

OMG!!!  Does THIS ever bring back childhood memories!!

I opened an email today from CROWN PUBLISHING titled "A BRIEF HISTORY OF TUNA CASSEROLE" <----- (click on the orange type to read the article)

This brought back VIVID memories of 7th or 8th grade HOME ECONOMICS class at TE (Tredyffrin-Easttown) Junior High School in Berwyn, PA, when the teacher passed out a menu for TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE. We made it in class, I fell in LOVE with it and from that point on, I TORTURED my family with it as often as I was allowed to make it.  

"TORTURED" you wonder??

I remember one night when my parents were going out and I was to babysit my two younger sisters - they both PLEADED with my mother - "PLEASE DON'T LET HER MAKE US TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE FOR DINNER!!!".  

I'll have to ask them sometime whether or not they ever have a craving for it........


JOAN






3 comments:

  1. I love tuna noodle casserole! It's my comfort food. I remember friends bringing it to the house when my grandparents died. Topped with crushed potato chips.

    A much better memory, Joan, than the recipe for brains and sweet breads we got in 7th grade at TE. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I entered my comments before reading the notes and recipe. It wasn't just for Midwest funerals. Too funny.

      Delete
    2. Marjie, I DO NOT remember brains and sweet breads at TE!!!!!! Either I missed that class OR I have mentally blocked it out!! Ewwwww....... xo

      Delete