Monday, February 12, 2018

CLOVER!!!'S DADDY, FANUCCI HEADS TO THE WESTMINSTER DOG SHOW

FANUCCI, his handler, SUSAN and me in November 2017

Today at 8:30am, CLOVER!!!'s daddy, FANUCCI was to compete with the other German Shepherds to hopefully WIN "BEST OF BREED" at the WESTMINSTER DOG SHOW in NYC!!! And then tomorrow, the BEST in EACH BREED will compete for "BEST IN SHOW".  

I WAS JUST GOING TO POST THIS, WHEN I RECEIVED WORD THAT FANUCCI WAS PULLED FROM THE SHOW BECAUSE HE HAS A HEMATOMA ON HIS EAR THAT IS CAUSING HIS EAR TO FLOP OVER. I'M HEARTBROKEN FOR HIM, HIS OWNERS AND HANDLER AFTER ALL OF THEIR EFFORTS THIS YEAR TO PREPARE HIM FOR HIS INVITATION TO WESTMINSTER..........

FANUCCI'S STORY is a HEARTFELT one. An astounding story of recovery from a TERRIBLE ACCIDENT!! Click HERE to read about it.......

Here are a few photos of FANUCCI getting ready for the competition in Oaks, PA in NOVEMBER 2017.










WESTMINSTER DOG SHOW (competition) is held every year around my BIRTHDAY, so one time, several years ago I went to celebrate. WOW!! We went "behind the scenes" and watched the owners and groomers WASH, BLOW DRY, BRUSH and PRIMP to make each of their dogs look PERFECT before their individual competitions. We fell in love with one BEAGLE who had a BIG personality. I believe that year a LONG HAIRED CHIHUAHUA won BEST IN SHOW. What a WONDERFUL experience that was!

Last year, RUMOR (below), a GORGEOUS female German Shepherd won BEST IN SHOW. She is now "retired" from the show circuit. 


Thank you Google Images for this photo of RUMOR.


This year FANUCCI was the WINNINGEST GERMAN SHEPHERD IN THE COUNTRY!!!  It would be unusual for the same breed to win WESTMINSTER 2 years in a row, but my fingers were crossed for FANUCCI. Perhaps I'll go in person to see him compete next year.........


JOAN
PS  "BEST IN SHOW" (2000) is one of the FUNNIEST movies I've ever seen!! If you like dogs and haven't seen it, it's a MUST SEE!





No comments:

Post a Comment