Wednesday, February 7, 2018

THE SPACEX FALCON HEAVY LAUNCH (02/06/2018)



I was SO excited about the launching of the SPACE SHUTTLE yesterday.  On my list of "60 THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN MY 60's", viewing a LAUNCH is person is on there. 

My friend MERRY and I traveled to the WALLOPS FLIGHT FACILITY in MD for the weekend a few years ago to see a launch.......... but it was cancelled. Oh, the anticipation and excitement on the ride down there....... and then the disappointment from the cancellation....... BOO HOO. We toured the interesting little museum there and had fun anyway, of course!  

After that, I figured that because our government had cancelled our shuttle program, it might be too difficult to see an actual SHUTTLE LAUNCH, so I "ADJUSTED MY EXPECTATIONS" and decided to tour the KENNEDY SPACE CENTER in FL one day instead.

One must plan for these things, right? So, this month I'm going to Orlando with my friend JOYCE and a visit to the KENNEDY SPACE CENTER is on our list of "things-to-do". It just so happens that another LAUNCH is expected while we're there! Sooooooo........ my EXPECTATIONS, or more appropriately, "HOPES" are that the LAUNCH WILL HAPPEN and I'll check that off my "LIST". Touring the SPACE CENTER will be a LIFE HIGHLIGHT in itself, for sure.

In 1970, when I was a SENIOR in high school, I did well in and really enjoyed MATH. Imagine that!! One of the CAREERS I was considering was to work in the SPACE PROGRAM. It fascinated me. The thought of potentially discovering PLANETS and STARS and LIFE ELSEWHERE in our UNIVERSE was terribly energizing and still captivates me........

Another career I was considering was exploring and discovering the secrets of human GENES
  • "In 1972 Walter Fiers and his team at the University of Ghent were the first to determine the sequence of a gene..." (Wiki). 
  • Not until 1990 did the MAPPING THE HUMAN GENOME PROJECT begin. 

There was/is SO much we didn't (and still don't) know!! I wanted to get right in the thick of things and help uncover MYSTERIES!

Ok, I digressed. Back to the SPACE PROGRAM and the SHUTTLE LAUNCH yesterday.......

I'm absolutely astounded that this SHUTTLE will be in orbit for HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of years. Can you even imagine that? 




ELON MUSK is a creative genius and has my total RESPECT for making this a FUN, PRODUCTIVE and SUCCESSFUL PROJECT.




RED TESLA in space for HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of years, with a fake ASTRONAUT? How fun is that?!! 




Take a moment to DREAM. What excites YOU? What have you always wanted to DO or SEE?  Make it happen by planning for it today. DREAMS CAN COME TRUE! Be an active participant in making them happen.......


JOAN
PS Thank you to the photographers who shared these 4 magnificent images on GOOGLE IMAGES, so that I could share them YOU!



2 comments:

  1. Watched launch spellbound yesterday & the landing of the 2 rockets. Get chills every time it's shown again. Hope you see a launch while @ space center. Even if postponed, maybe it'll be rescheduled while you're there & you'll still see it. The launch & the Eagles made it a great week.

    ReplyDelete