Monday, September 15, 2014

NAME CHOICE - "A ZESTY LIFE"

I just read a really LOVELY blog post by Shani NottinghamRARE PEAR STUDIO. Check it out. Her Blog site is SO stylish and upbeat, I just had to share it with you. Her color choices are beautiful and what a talented artist she is! 

Shani's most recent post describes how she chose the name for her Blog. Which brings me to the question of how I came up with my name - "A Zesty Life"

OK, OK, those who know me are saying "Duh!" but seriously, it takes some time, effort and thoughtful moments/hours/days to come up with a name to represent yourself. I'm not promoting any business; this Blog is purely for my own personal enjoyment. It gives me an opportunity to share photos of my travels (so I don't monopolize friends' Facebook time, potentially, subliminally hearing them say - "Her again?!"). From time to time I'll also share books that I enjoy. In addition, I ALWAYS have SOMETHING to say, and this gives me a forum to let it out there --- encouraging your rebuttals of course.  :)

Back to the name choice - I started out planning to use "Living The Dream" (my Mantra) but it was already taken on Blogger (my hosting site).  How about "Livin' The Dream"?  Taken.  How about "A Zest for Life"?  Taken.  So my friend and fellow Blogger from Australia, Felicity MacQueen, was helping me with the mechanics of setting up my Blog (and she designed my heading!).  She suggested "A Zesty Life". Whoohoo!  Not taken!  Mine!!

Well, that's not all true - there IS another one named "A Zesty Life", hosted on WordPress since earlier this year. But I honestly didn't realize it until I was well underway and introduced to BLOGLOVIN' (an easy way to choose all of the Blogs you follow and receive just one email alert). 

I'm anticipating that both of "our zesty lives" will peacefully co-exist in the Big, Bad, Blogging World.........

Joan


2 comments:

  1. I read the Rare Pear blog. I too chose a name for something which didn't exist(a business on Etsy) and something which will never exist(a stable, including choosing racing colors). You know it's yours when you see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjie, that's cool that you related to Rare Pear. Don't you love her colors and design??

      Delete