Thursday, August 21, 2014

"DOWN THE SHORE"

I've been wanting to post some photos and share my travels - so I'll start with the past few days.
Beaching it in Ocean City, MD with my two sisters - "Down the shore" 
What a great way to spend a few days!! 




The condo was decorated with vibrant beach colors, which I loved.





Maryland crab-cakes for dinner (YUM!), while watching the sun setting over the bay side.  





So much has changed since I visited a Jersey or Maryland beach (it's been MANY years).  Beach chairs carried on your back, like a backpack (brilliant).  Lightweight wagons and carts (center-left below) to transport all of your other beach necessities (saves your shoulders and arms).  So many colorful umbrellas and a real variety of tent styles to block the wind and/or sun (or mothers breast-feeding).  And I even saw a man being transported in a wheelchair with HUGE wheels for the sand - I loved that.




  A small section of beach was closed for one day of surfing, which I had not seen there before.





Dinner again on the bay-side, enjoying another beautiful sunset.





For my Aussie friends, I imagine you too have planes "advertising" at the beach and para-sailing.




And yet another gorgeous sunset for our last night.



LIFE IS GOOD!!








5 comments:

  1. Lovely sunsets. I enjoy seeing different beach scenes. These are like the Jersey shore when I was growing up. The Carolina beaches are less crowded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjie, the sunsets were really beautiful but naturally an iPhone camera can only capture a bit of it. I have to say that the beach did not feel as crowded as the Jersey shore always felt to me - Avalon and Stone Harbor. What beaches in Carolina do you enjoy?

      Delete
  2. We vacationed off and on for 24 years at Fripp Island, SC. Now we're a bit south. I've been to Dreissen and Coligny on HH. My sister gets a place at Corolla in the OBX and invites us each September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colourful images Joan, I really enjoyed seeing a different part of the world. Do you and your sisters travel together often or was it a special occasion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily. I enjoy seeing photos from around the world too and love to travel, so you'll see more here in the future (Croatia this December - have you ever been?). Yes, we get together regularly and make sure to plan one special "Sister's Weekend" each year - usually not too far from home. All fun!

      Delete