Monday, August 11, 2014

WHERE does the time go each day?!

First thing in the morning (after/during feeding Willow and myself) I usually check emails and Facebook.  You would think that might take only a few minutes......... ok, but at most an hour, right??? Well let's take this morning for example......


I read an email - 
which took me to a book review, 
which led me to an article about a town in Provence (my favorite place on the Planet),
which had links to Provence hotels in it, 
which I had to click on and explore (all 6 of them),
which inspired me to share one of the links with a friend,
when I noticed a new email from another friend "in need of a shoulder",
which resulted in a phone call to cheer her up,
which gave me the idea to share all of this on my blog,
which required a Google visit to confirm when it's correct to use "which" or "that",
which took me a while to read and "learn" (Quick and Dirty Tips),
which reminded me to look up at the clock, only to see that it's almost noon (already?!),
which panicked me to look at my "To-Do" list again for today (YIKES!!),

......... and so it goes.


10 comments:

  1. Oh no I accidentally deleted my reply, here we go again. It's so true how time just goes moving from one thing to the next. I usually find I have to drag myself away and back to my to do list but sometimes a guilt free meander is just what's required. Maybe I'll list one of those mornings one day. It reminds me of how children just move from activity to activity going with what takes their interest or fancy ( no to do lists there!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, sorry you had to re-post but I appreciate you persevering!
      Perhaps I'm reverting to my childhood? Or perhaps I never left....... But one big difference is that time sure moves more quickly these days..... so making the most of each one really counts, right?
      Joan

      Delete
  2. We're all so guilty of this...whole days can pass with me doing just this! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH man, I totally can relate to this today. It's 11.30am and I'm still in my pi's. AND i completely blame blogging and my baby for it. Which reminds me, I need to get dressed, hang the washing, clean the kitchen, make his lunch etc. OH but my hair and makeup is done so that makes me a yummy mummy in jammies. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, remember to log in before trying to post otherwise you'll be rewriting it.

    I relate to this most days. I've wander from one task to another, easily distracted, especially by the WWW. Today was a prime example. I slept till 9! Unheard of. I can't remember the last time I did that. I felt the day went downhill in productivity from there but the end of the day review of my accomplishments weren't quite as bad as I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjie - WWW gets me every time!! Glad you were able to sleep late for a change of pace. But it can sure mess with your "equilibrium" for the rest of the day - thus the feeling of downhill productivity, when it actually wasn't so bad after all. Whoo hoo!!

      Delete