Thursday, July 2, 2015

8 HOURS ALONE WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD

It's not often (if ever) that I'm asked to spend a full day with a little one.  But the rest of the family wanted to go WHITE-WATER RAFTING on the NEW RIVER in W. Virginia one of the days during our "FAMILY VACATION".   
So, I'm sharing "A DAY IN MY LIFE - ALONE WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD", Precious Angel HAZEL (my grand-niece)".  Is she adorable or what?!

1. First - a stop at the NEW RIVER GORGE VISITORS CENTER - we couldn't resist a little play time with puppets



2. Fayetteville, W. Virginia LIBRARY (closed for the Holiday - "W VA Day" - who knew?)




3. A stop at the ICE CREAM PARLOR for a scoop of "cotton candy ice cream"




4. Back to the house with a TUMMY ACHE.........


5. A little TV TIME on the couch - all better now


6. Out to a restaurant for lunch - grilled cheese arrived, but how was I supposed to know that HAZEL DOESN'T LIKE "WHITE CHEESE"? She DID eat the apple slices......




7. GROCERY STORE stop for a few forgotten essentials


8. Back to the house - HAZEL filled the refrigerator with water bottles 


9. A little TV TIME


10. "I'M HUNGRY" - her requested chocolate chip granola bar and 1/2 bagel with cream cheese does the trick


11. ONE MORE HOUR till mom and dad return from white-water rafting


12. Fixed HAZEL the other 1/2 of the bagel with cream cheese....... 


13. HAZEL and AUNT JOAN had "A WONDERFUL DAY" (in Hazel's words) - and I agree!!



It was an all around terrific family weekend.  Fun was had by each and every one of us.

JOAN

8 comments:

  1. So precious! Isn't it fun? Looks like you both had a great day together. Who needs white water rafting when you can hang out with Hazel? ~ Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla, a late response - I was losing Willow at the time..... thanks for taking the time to read my Blog and to comment. xo

      Delete
  2. She's a cutie like her great-aunt. 4 is a great age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjie - a late reply as I was losing Willow at the time. Thanks for the compliment. She IS a cutie!! I love looking at this all over again. Joan

      Delete
  3. And thank you Aunt Joan for taking care of Hazel so we could go rafting. You saved the day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen - as I responded to others, this is a late reply because Willow was dying at this time. I had such a GREAT day with Hazel - the gift was all mine. It was a great family trip. THANK YOU!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a little doll Hazel is and what a great grand aunt you are, my favorite is Hazel with the ice cream....think of what you missed for her, the jump off the cliff and the fun raft trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I was losing my dog Willow at the time you responded here and am just getting to a response. I LOVE that ice cream photo too. I don't think I missed a THING!! Hahaha - thanks for reading my Blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. Joan

      Delete