Thursday, March 9, 2017

PADRE PIO PILGRAMAGE CHURCH IN SAN GIOVANNI ROTONDO, ITALY


After sharing my visit to the PADRE PIO SHRINE in PA, I thought perhaps you'd enjoy seeing some photos of the beautiful PADRE PIO PILGRAMAGE CHURCH in SAN GIOVANNI ROTONDO, ITALY, where PADRE PIO is laid to rest in the crypt there. It's a very small town in the PUGLIA region, just north of the "heel of the boot", along the southeastern coast.




Inside the CHAPEL.........








We walked down and down and down the stairs to the CRYPT - a magnificent room honoring and housing PADRE PIO

GOLD everywhere - on the ceiling and on the mosaic walls. The mosaics were fantastic. We arrived JUST in time - 15 minutes before closing.
















PADRE PIO's body is visible in the center here, where photos are allowed.








On our way outside, we encountered the HUGE CROSS again, lit up with targeted lighting, as you saw in my first photo.  A fitting end to our visit.........





JOAN







2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Luis,

      Thank you so much for reading my blog and enjoying this entry AND for taking the time to communicate with me. The visit to this town in Italy and Padre Pio's shrine and the crypt was a marvelous experience. I recently visited the one near my home in Pennsylvania. Did you see my blog post about that??

      Wishing you ALL the best,
      Joan

      Delete