Monday, April 3, 2017

MYSTERIES IN LIFE - AND DEATH

A non-smoking friend of mine was shockingly diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer a year and a half ago. She had the best care possible, but a week ago it was determined that the treatments were no longer working. She was sent home with Hospice Care. I was BLESSED, not only to have had many fun times together over the past 15 years, but to also have had time with her twice this past week. 

Sharing a love of reading, she and I regularly exchanged books with each other. The morphine was keeping her very sedated, so her husband suggested that I read to her. It calmed her quite a bit, for which he was thankful.

My visits were emotionally hard after leaving. It's simply heartbreaking when someone and the family is going through this "LETTING GO".  It's so final.

Before my MOM passed away in 1999, she told me that she would be certain to communicate with me from "THE OTHER SIDE", but that I would have to "PAY ATTENTION", because naturally she wasn't sure how it was going to work. I've had many instances since then when I feel certain that she's succeeded.

For instance, I had a dream last night....... my MOM and DAD (both deceased, yet in fairly regular contact with me spiritually) were both in it. In my dream, I couldn't figure out why they were visiting. They were telling me that they had been working on some SPECIAL TRAVEL PROGRAMS to wonderful, far away, obscure places - where LIFE is SIMPLE and CAREFREE.  

"SIMPLE" was made clear as we spoke while my mom showered (odd, but you know how dreams are.....). She was still wearing a batik cotton dress in the shower. She soaped up the dress on herself after she washed her hair, saying it was so she was most efficient in cleaning up.

This morning when I opened my eyes, my first thought was that perhaps my friend had passed away overnight. 

I showered, dressed and went downstairs. The first thing I did was check my texts. She DID in fact pass away peacefully, late last night. WOW

I have been "COMMUNICATED WITH" in unique ways (several times in dreams) when someone has passed, therefore I strongly believe in the mighty power of our spiritual lives. I choose to believe that my MOM and DAD APPEARED in my dreams last night to let me know that my friend is being well taken care of in her "TRAVELS".........  very comforting.

A "HIGH FIVE" and sincere THANK YOU to GOD, the UNIVERSE and my TEAM of ANGELS for the ABUNDANT GIFTS I receive EVERY DAY.


PEACE,
JOAN



5 comments:

  1. What an incredible story. I'm sorry for your loss but it sounds like that won't be the last you hear from your friend. I regularly get dream visits from my beloved Grandmother who passed two years ago. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, how lovely to hear this!! She is a strong spirit and you're lucky to have the connection with her that you do. This can go on for the rest of your life....... Fantastic!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss but I am glad that you have the comfort of sensing her travelling spirit. I firmly believe that the souls of those we love stay near.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a comforting feeling isn't it, that they stay near? Wonders of the Universe for sure. Thanks for sharing your feelings.

      Delete
    2. And my heartfelt condolences to you...... I hope Xavier remains close by your side, in your heart and connected to your soul for infinity.

      Delete