Sunday, January 25, 2015

PROMISES, PROMISES.......

Yes, I know...... I DID promise to begin posting photos from my trip to CROATIA, but THE FUNNIEST THING HAPPENED AT BOOK CLUB that I just HAVE to share with you first.

If only I had thought to videotape this.........

We are sitting in a circle in my family room, 7 of us, discussing "ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE" by Anthony Doerr.  No one was sitting on the ottoman.

About an hour into our discussion, my precious, darling German Shepherd, WILLOW saunters over to the ottoman........ gently puts her front paws over it....... leaving her back paws on the ground....... with her belly arched over this thing....... and looks back and forth at each of us as if it were perfectly natural for her to be there discussing the book with us.  And she stayed in that position long enough for me to get up and get my cell phone to photograph her!!  What an UNBELIEVABLE DOG!!














And YES, of course, who would have a Book Club without WINE AND CHOCOLATE?!!


Joan



7 comments:

  1. Willow is beautiful and love the fact that she is right in there in the book club action ! I have "All the Light We Cannot See" on my to read list - have heard it's great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ing, my heart swelled when Willow climbed on up there and just stayed there!

      Yes, the book is fantastic. All 7 of us gave it a 5 out of 5. I hope you too enjoy it. It's a more forgiving book than most set in WWII times......

      Delete
  2. Are you sure there's no Setter blood in Willow? Setters end up in ridiculous positions where furniture is concerned. I'm surprised you had room on the coffee table for wine etc, what with all the books lying on it, let alone with all the books in your living room. Looks like you were all having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, she's half German Shepherd and half human!! She truly wanted to be recognized as one of the group. I always bring out a few books for others to look through and it helps us decide on our next book. And there's ALWAYS room for wine and chocolate, right? We have a really nice group and all enjoy the conversation and sometimes "debate".

      Delete
    2. I'll have to send you a photo of Derry in one of my DR chairs; and this was last fall. And when I can find you a good one, I'll forward a great "setter" photo.

      Delete