Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Is it really 2015 already? It seems like yesterday when we celebrated "THE MILLENNIUM", doesn't it?!! Yikes, that was 15 years ago. Ok, we continue to move forward..... often faster than we might wish for.......

So, let me ask, "Do I have any "Blog Groupies" who've noticed that I haven't posted a blog for a while?" Like over a month!! Believe me, there's a good reason - 

I'VE BEEN LIVING THE ZESTY LIFE!!

I took a three-week trip overseas that included mostly CROATIA's coastline, but also a stop in MONTENEGRO (oh my gosh, the arrival by boat was breath-taking!!), BOSNIA and HERZEGOVINA (an emotional downer/awakening seeing first-hand the effects of war) and 4 days in LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA (I LOVED it there AND was introduced to PUMPKIN SEED OIL, which, over vanilla ice cream is "to-die-for").

Naturally I took a few (hahahaha) photos to share with you, which I'll do over the next couple of weeks. I have certain family members and friends who have limited attention spans (giggle), so I won't post too many at a time - I'd hate for someone to lose interest and "tune-out" before seeing everything I want to share (you KNOW who you are......).  xo

WELCOMING A NEW YEAR, I'd like to share something that my friend SANDRA emailed me this morning. The words really hit me and I hope you too are moved by them.

(Author unknown)
"At birth, we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel on our side. However, at some station our parents step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone.

As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of our life.

Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum. Others will go so unnoticed that we don't realize they vacated their seats. This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves.

The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are. It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.

I wish you a joyful journey on the train of life. Reap success and give lots of love. More importantly, thank God for the journey.

Lastly, I thank you for being one of the passengers on my train."

I mean it!
Joan




11 comments:

  1. I had noticed. I'm glad you were absent for wonderful reasons. Sandra's quote is amazing. Here's to a joyful journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wish of a joyful journey. AND thank you for noticing my absence!

      Delete
  2. I noticed and meant to ask but was too busy myself. Loved your travel photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan - Thank you! Glad you had a fantastic trip. You are a lucky lady to be able to travel as you do and to see the world. I was very moved by the quote that Sandra sent you - so true. It really makes you think - doesn't it? See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice that Sandra's quote moved you enough that you made a comment here about it. Amazing words, right? Looking forward to seeing you! HAPPY NEW YEAR Alisa!!

      Delete
  4. Hey Joan! Is the quote from 'our' Sandra or another? Love it!

    Here's my BIG problem of the week - your gift of PUMPKIN SEED OIL is nearly half gone! I'm an addict and don't think I can handle a withdrawl. I love it TOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Am I ever glad to hear that!! Good stuff isn't it? How did we live this long without it?

      Delete
    2. And yes, "our Sandra" - not her quote but in an email sent to her that I "borrowed" to share with my friends.......

      Delete
  5. We are all on this train ride - such a good analogy for the life's span. Loved that posting. Thanks, Joanie!

    ReplyDelete