Saturday, December 17, 2016

CHRISTMAS DECOR FOR MY WINE BOTTLES



DARN CUTE, aren't they?!!!! All of the knit ones are hand-made. Over 10 years ago, I met the young girl who started the company and I bought several from her right away. Since then, I've found a variety of alternatives to dress up a WINE BOTTLE and occasionally, I can't resist - notice the GNOME SANTA........

I was in THE CONTAINER STORE of all places last month and since PENNSYLVANIA still has restaurants where you can BYOB, these WINE CARRIERS caught my eye immediately.  I placed them on my counter for the HOLIDAYS, together with a rustic SNOWMAN and CHRISTMAS PLATE.






Each time I open a bottle of wine at this time of year, I decide which CHRISTMAS WINE CORK I'll use......... I'm becoming a bit of a "COLLECTOR"........














Now, to go with YOUR GLASS OF WINE, you need a CLOVER!!! story, right?

CLOVER!!! and I were sitting on the couch one evening. I had a glass of RED WINE in one hand and a TENNIS BALL in the other, tossing it to CLOVER!!! in a gentle game of CATCH. I toss it to her..... then she drops or tosses it to me...... 

When the ball landed smack-dab-in-the-middle of my glass of wine, RED WINE flew UP in the air, then down on ME, THE COUCH, THE COUCH PILLOWS and the CARPET (that was cleaned JUST THAT MORNING of course). 

I turned toward CLOVER!!! with a GASP and a look of STUNNED SURPRISE.  She just TILTED HER HEAD and looked back at me with the same STUNNED SURPRISE

Naturally, I jumped up to grab a wet towel to clean it all up, but I couldn't help but LAUGH OUT LOUD. This couldn't have happened again if she tried.  




CHEERS!!
JOAN

No comments:

Post a Comment