Sunday, December 11, 2016

THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT HIT ME EARLY AGAIN



NOVEMBER 1st is the date I like to have my CHRISTMAS CARD PHOTO completed, so this year, I had to set-the-stage and cross my fingers that CLOVER!!! would cooperate.  As you can see, it seemed as if it was going to take PATIENCE and TIME to get the perfect SELFIE. Surprise, Surprise. It only took 4 tries this year! This is not the one I'd consider "PERFECT", although looking back on it, perhaps I should have chosen this one. I like it. I LIKE IT A LOT.

Christmas SHOPPING usually begins in August (at the latest) and since I do things now to remove/reduce STRESS from my life, I like to have all gifts purchased and most wrapped by THANKSGIVING, when I deliver them to my sister's house in MD.






Mission Accomplised.

Since most people decorate outside over the THANKSGIVING weekend I felt the pressure to do so as well. I already have a beautiful wooden ANGEL to hang on the front door, and decided to stick with that theme this year. 




I purchased a lighted angel for the front yard.  But when I got it home, I realized it had to be put together.  DUH.  It wasn't that hard, but you know those little sparklies?  They make a BIG MESS!!








But the end result is beautiful.

I also bought 2 DOVES for the ground beside the angel, but one arrived defective and the other, once assembled and placed in the ground, caught CLOVER!!!'s eye and she made off with it, breaking the electrical connection. So that's the end of THAT!

Instead, I added a CHEERFUL, lighted FA-LA-LA. That ALSO caught CLOVER!!!'s eye........  She literally stole the LA from FA-LA-LA. And again, broke the electrical connection, so the LA wouldn't light up anymore. Hello TRASH and goodbye $56.




Time to start decorating inside............

JOAN



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Observant!! I sold it last year. Too much trouble finding someone with muscles and a ladder tall enough to hang it every year. Sold it to a neighbor with a strong husband, a strong son in college and a strong son in HS. They are thrilled and I'm $40 richer!

      Delete