Sunday, October 26, 2014

FALL COLORS

How can anyone not fall in love with Fall?  The colors are so vibrant and every single day the view changes.  My favorite tree in our neighborhood (for Fall color) happens to be right next to my house. It turns a rich, red color and when the sun hits it just right, I can't help but take a moment to just stop and stare and appreciate the beauty of nature.  It doesn't cost a thing to be totally entertained......




I post this view of the tree from my Powder Room window for a few of my high school friends who now live in the South and really miss this glorious time of year.  

Four of us will soon be meeting in ASHEVILLE, NC for a few days to enjoy the breathtaking views from the BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY through the APPALACHIAN HIGHLANDS around Asheville. Naturally we'll drive only a portion of this 469 mile scenic road, but certainly enough of it for the Girls to "get their fix".

On the first morning Liz and I will wander around the RIVER ARTS DISTRICT, filled with artists actively painting, sculpting, glass-blowing, etc., while the other 2 "hike and bike". Asheville is not only an "artsy" town, but is also known for many wonderful restaurants. During a trip to Rome, Italy last year I took a "Walking Food Tour" in the Trastevere section and it actually turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip - not only for the tastings, but also for the historic and architectural tidbits our Guide shared. So, our first afternoon in Asheville we're taking a WALKING FOOD TOUR to sample the tastes of the town while learning a little something. Rumor has it there will be a Chocolate Tasting, but if not, you can bet the 4 of us will find one on our own. 

Marjie chose what looks to be a wonderful Bed & Breakfast - RED ROCKER INN - in a quaint town nearby called BLACK MOUNTAINDoesn't the B&B name sound inviting? A future post will have to include at least one photo of their breakfast, right?!    :)

Stay tuned for more FALL.........

Joan



6 comments:

  1. It's like watching the ever changing ocean. So glad you can join us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Fall/Autumn and I love the framing of the view from your window here with the rich colours and the cherub/angel with the bugle. Your trip sounds amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking me back Joan...I really loved our time up there, and look forward to getting together again...this blog is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time and I feel like it was still yesterday. We MUST do something again within the year, ok?

      Glad you like my blog.

      Delete