Wednesday, October 1, 2014

THESE DREADED STINK BUGS!!!

STINK BUGS!!  These dreaded STINK BUGS!!  They really do get on my nerves.  

Where do they all come from?  I know, I know, CHINA.  But I mean why are they still here?   And why are they all over the back of MY house??  I leave the deck door open for only a little bit - Autumn fresh air and all that - and now they're skittering across the walls INSIDE the house.  YUK   EWWWW   YUK

So, I'll solve this problem......

I feel like a complete idiot, talking to myself (and Willow) as I pick up my broom and try to gently urge them off of my wall and back outside.  ZEN.  Don't kill anything.  Bugs deserve to live too, right?  

Did I tell you about the time last year when I caught one (after fighting with the herd for several weeks) and I promptly threw him/her/it into the garbage disposal and turned it on?!  HAVE THAT!  

Oh my..... WHAT IS THAT SMELL?   And it lingered......

So, back to the HUNT with ZEN in my heart........

But some STINK BUGS just don't want to leave - they take off in flight back into the house, I start swinging the broom over my head, trying to bat them out of the house - as if I had ANY batting skill - most of the time to no avail (I never would have made a good lacrosse player either).  Can you just picture this??

And just as I put the broom down, job done and "dust off my hands" after a successful "hunt", THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!!

ARGH..............

Joan



10 comments:

  1. BURN LIME SCENTED CANDLES AND GO TO THE HOME DEPOT AND BUY SOMETHING CALLED HOME DEFENSE?? (ASK THE CLERK) - I did this and it worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave it to you Lisa to have a good solution. Lime candles are now on my "list"!

      Delete
    2. I might have to try this aswell, the little buggers invade my home too and it is gross!

      Delete
    3. Tash, fingers crossed that this works for you!

      Delete
  2. Joan, I've killed the buggers & never smelled that awful odor they make (maybe my nose doesn't work as it should). But they are a damned nuisance. Knock on wood, only a few so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same experience - that's why I threw one down the sink/garbage disposal - trust me........ (pinching my nose!).

      Delete
  3. We don't have them at our place thank goodness, they sound yucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky!! (wanted to rhyme with your "yucky" just for fun).

      Delete
  4. Yuck! I'm so glad they aren't around our place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too - I think you have enough action around your place that you don't need any additions (particularly these critters!).

      Delete