Friday, February 13, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and VALENTINE'S DAY TO ME!!

Ah..... it's FRIDAY THE 13th, it's MY BIRTHDAY and I could do anything I wanted to today. I love to watch a movie on the BIG SCREEN, so I saw 2 movies today (BIRDMAN and AMERICAN SNIPER). Yes, I even paid for both movies. Admittedly, years ago, I'd watch 2 movies, but pay for only one. I felt really "cool", like I was getting away with something, but now I can't live with the guilt. So, guilt-free, with a bag of popcorn in front of the BIG SCREEN, I was in HEAVEN. Had wood-fired Margherita Pizza after the movie - YUM. And I just poured a nice glass of chilled Rose Wine for myself (on to a Bordeaux next.....)

And so it's VALENTINE'S DAY tomorrow. Sadly no one has asked me to be their VALENTINE (yet). This happened last year....... And the year before that!! WHAT is going on?! Ok, maybe I need to ask a little LOUDER........




I hope YOUR VALENTINE'S DAY is a joyful one!!

Joan




8 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad Joan. I don't have a valentine either and tomorrow I'll be transporting an English Setter as a valentine present to her new parents. Long trip but since I'd met them when I did their home visit, I decided no matter how the transport was routed, I'd drive that last leg to deliver her to them. I just hope the weather will cooperate and not snow out & back on the turnpike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, what a great way to spend a Valentine's Day!! Whoohoo!! Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  2. You had me at pizza Margherita and rose! I learned long ago sometimes we are our own best company. Sounds like you had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjie, you are so right!! My original plans for lunch with a friend fell through, but to me, this was a great way to celebrate me. : )

      Delete
  3. So..... What about the movies? You review the books, but not the films! We need to know....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Joan and sounds like a fabulous birthday doing exactly what you wanted - wonderful! Happy belated Valentine's too. It's all a bit over-hyped isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgive me, I missed this comment! Thanks for taking the time to stop by....... x

      Delete